Thursday, July 8, 2010

This new world


We have met SO MANY new babies since the start of 2010. I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but the boom of births really amazes me. Even more peculiar, all of them have been little girls! Every last one...thank goodness one of my dearest girlfriends, Karah, brought me the news of her 2nd baby boy to be born in October! I was beginning to worry for the future generations of males.
Anyhow...there has been our church friends' twins (Gwen & Grace) born around new year's eve followed by cousin Reagan Joanne, dear friend Elizabeth Grace, my boss's daughter Zoey Grace, and our NIECE, Alyssa Faith!

The photo shown here is of my Uncle Rick and his new granddaughter, Taylor Sue. She is a lovely, long little girl who already prefers being outdoors to inside. I think what hits my heart about Taylor is how her tiny presence has affected our family, like a ripple on lake water. She is my slightly older cousin's 1st child & 1st grandchild to Uncle Rick. Her birth has been a huge highlight in an otherwise rough summer for my grandma (her great-grandma). I also simply adore both her parents...they are down to earth and oh so much fun to hang out with. It will be a great joy to watch these family members grow along with tiny Taylor.

In other news...Summer is chugging along here in the Ohio River Valley. It is hot...HOT...and humid here. Work is...going...its busy and hot sometimes...and full of incredible moments with incredible kids/co-workers. I know there are a lot of *opinions surrounding ABA Therapy, but I have seen amazing accomplishments in kids we work with. I love being involved in helping kids make those accomplishments. It rocks.

Matthew has been working part-time for the reception hall this month. He has also been making gains on our "home projects". The garage has been rearranged, the bushes trimmed up, the bench my Dad made for us is stained a beautiful cedar color...we are pushing forward. Matthew & I also bought our 1st newer, nice car this month. I get to drive it most and I LOVE it. Its funny though, how hard it was to say goodbye to old Ethel...my 94 Toyota Camry. I had her for many years...that car got me thru IU. She will be missed...as much as a car can be missed, I suppose. And now I drive a 2009, green Corolla named Lilo. I love her! Matt thinks I'm silly. I love him too.

Now - I could continue on to tell you the horror stories of our baby boy pup turned adolesent pup...but I think I'll wait for another time. I'll just say this...he ate nearly a full roll of toliet paper today. sigh. Confetti all over the bathroom. Until next time, peace!

No comments: