Monday, July 19, 2010

For the Fun of It.


This week is what we call "BIG Community Outing Week" at Meaningful Day Services (Southern Indiana) Summer Program. Go ahead, say that 3 times fast. Faster. FASTER. Enough!
So we have these big trips planned for the entire week...trips that I have personally been working on for our 20+ clients since May. And for the 1st time all summer, we are seeing forecasts with little lightning bolts spread from Monday to Thursday. EVERY DAY there is a 30-40% chance of rain AND a possible temperature that reaches much too high into the 100's index. It is like all the forces of nature are conspiring to ruin the fun week I laid out for us. It is making me a bit batty - really. Doesn't mother nature know how hard it was to get these dates mapped out, booked, and priced in a way that fit for our schedules!? Enough!

And the point of that paragraph was to explain that I am now in the process of finishing up rainy day /heat index day plans for our crew this week - which by the way must involve as little of the church's space as possible because they are having VBS all week. So I have found that I'm spending lots of time researching group games that involve racing with cotton balls on spoons and making animal puppets from foam-stuff. And as a last resort, checking PG movie times for the local cinemas. I'm grumpy. I honestly have enjoyed coming up with fun community stuff for our clients this Summer...I just wish the weather would cooperate. Just...a little.

On a completely unrelated note...I bought this kiddie pool for Parker and me. Its not a hammock in Barbados - or a pontoon boat on the lake - or even a backyard oasis...but it is sturdy...holds water...and will double as a bath tub for Parker. Maybe I can tackle him down before he alerts all of our neighbors with his shrieking ("Look, my person is all red-faced and in a bathing suit that doesn't fit right this season!!!").

I think it is time for a good book and sleep.

No comments: