Monday, April 5, 2010

When you Spend all Weekend NOT being Responsible for Shaping Young Minds.

Matt and I were sitting at the table, each buried in a bit of paperwork we neglected allll Easter weekend. We were chatting about our days at work....
Turns out, on this particular Monday I managed to accidentally ask my 13yr old client (who has Autism) "Why are you pissed?" while my better-half unintentionally gave "the bird" to a student while signaling "just 1 minute" and writing on the board as he taught high school.

Yep.

I'm not sure how to explain our little slips. Apparently we both got too used to being around adults and not being responsible for 2.5 days. You, friends and family, you all know how crass and offensive we REGULARLY are, of course. LOOK OUT FOLKS, we are dangerously uncensored.
My client turned to me immediately picking up on the shame that washed over me as the p-word slipped from my mouth....and said "what is pissed?" To which I replied "errr...it means 'mad'. I was asking why you got mad. It is not a word we say, ok? I should have said 'mad' instead." And thankfully he was content with that.

Tomorrow...the goal is to go from PG13 to PG.

No comments: