Thursday, April 15, 2010

#1 Dog

That is right, friends, we adopted a puppy. Matthew and I have been talking about it for 2yrs now, and talking more seriously about getting one this coming summer. However, Parker just couldn't wait for summer. I was shopping at Michael's last weekend & there he was...he had been freshly dumped (that same day) to the Southern Indiana Rescue League which was set up outside of PetSmart for the day. I didn't even really think, I just saw him and fell in love. He was sitting quietly amongst the other barking, jumping, slobbering puppies and dogs. He was shy at 1st but then his tail began thumping and he climbed into my lap.

I called hub to come and see this amazing little dog. Matt was painting at his friend, Blake's, new house. He didn't have much time as it was 30min. until closing for the rescue league and so he came to see Parker in his ratty paint clothes and a broken flip flop that had given out that morning. It is a wonder they even let us inquire about a dog ;) The pup got hub's approval and we discussed it over the weekend...filed an application on Monday. The pup was neutered and microchipped on Tuesday and that night we met a lady at PetSmart to bring him home.
Talking about the quick chain of events...Matt and I both decided that his graduating from any school program must = we take in a new pet. It was about 5? years ago at Matthew's college GRADUATION party that we discovered our 1st cat, Cringer, hissing and spatting at us from under a bush. And now here we preparing for his Master's program GRADUATION party with this scrappy little Springer Spaniel Mix joining our family.

And now here we are...adjusting. Photos and more to come!
By the way...Caesar and Luna have been doing better than I ever imagined with a dog in the house. I'll explain how we are getting this result later.

3 comments:

Patty said...

How exciting. Lenna has a new cousin :)

Holly said...

I can't wait to see pictures!

Jessica Townsend said...

:) Thanks ladies! I hope that Parker & Lena get along well. He is such a good little guy. He met about 5 new dogs this weekend & did well with all but one (the one was a jack russell who did nothing but snarl and bark at him!) who he barked back at.
I can't wait for you 2 to meet him sometime too! Take care & much love!