Wednesday, February 10, 2010

It goes on...

Today is snow day #2 for us here on the Southern boarder of Indiana. We accumulated something like 6inches of snow yesterday. Today the temp has dropped & the wind picked up, whirling and twirling cold white drifts into the roads over, and over...and over again. It is lovely!
I like snow....more than like...I love snow. I love the way it looks and smells. I love how it crunches under my feet. I love how crisp and cold it is. The only thing about it here in our part of the country is that snow usually = total shut down. Schools are closed & those of us (me) who work with school age kiddos usually end up losing hours. Time off is, of course, not torture or anything ;) but it does tighten finances for Mattie & I.

But life goes on...and I do enjoy these lazy days at home with my husband + cats.
We shovel the driveway together, we have big breakfasts and talk about the future. He plays guitar and we make up lyrics together. Sometimes I waste hours on this laptop. He grades papers and I look up quotes on the internet. We play wii and avoid doing the p90X workout for the day. For some reason, a snow day declares null & void to not only work but ALL non-lazy activities. We listen to music and spend actual time brushing the cats. I try to clean the house better than my usual weekend sweep through. He reads...and reads some more. Some days (like today) we will travel out & find that the roads really weren't all that bad after all.

Hope you are all safe and warm today!



"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous
than absolutely boring."
— Marilyn Monroe

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears the beat of a different drummer. Let him step to the music that he hears, however measured far away."
-Henry David Thoreau
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense. -Emerson
"The transforming process of the Spirit is experienced by the individual Christian as freedom. This does not mean that effort, pain and hard discipline are not involved, but that primarily and ultimately the development of Christ-like character is liberating. Growing in love, joy, peace, self-control makes you feel like you are becoming yourself" -Tim Keller

2 comments:

Patty said...

Love your post...love snow days.....and love you guys :)

Jessica Townsend said...

thanks Patty :)
I miss you! Praying that you are doing well & we get to catch up SOONER than later!