Saturday, April 24, 2010

Proof

"I have set my rainbow in the clouds,
and it will be the sign of the covenant
between me and the earth."

Do you ever feel as if you are stuck in slow motion while the rest of the world chugs along at normal speed (or faster)? I have felt that way this week. I know there were 5 days somewhere between Monday and Friday...but I am not exactly sure what I did with them. When I have weeks like this, it is so easy for me to get "down". I've thrown some hella big pity parties on weeks similar to this one. I worked my tale off each day, had the new puppy to deal with, and then my Grandma ends up having hip surgery unexpectedly. To put the cherry on top, I got a killer sinus infection Thursday and it has lasted through the weekend...which is all rain, of course. But that is NOT where I was going with this....

I was out driving today in the midst of a truly lovely thunderstorm. The sky was dark to my right while the sun colored all of the left side of the world with orange. It had rained hard and fast just minutes earlier and the roads were semi-flooded. It had not been a fun drive around town to say the least for it. I was all set to take my exit when I noticed cars slowing and switching lanes...my exit ramp = flooded. I just wanted to get home. Grrrrr...so I drove up and took a small detour around. As I rounded my alternate exit & the radio graciously played a song that perfectly fit the moment...I noticed a rainbow...a BIG one...bright and perfectly arched from end to end. It was beautiful. Parker was sitting next to me in the passenger seat, and as we hit the ramp, he inched over just enough to get his head and front paws onto my leg. So sweet. I tried my best to keep eyes on the water-covered roads. It was just a brilliant moment. A brilliant moment that took my pissed off state of mind and turned it to thankfulness. Gushy, embarassing thankfulness for everything from childhood to the present.

And there are people walking around on this planet claiming there is no God. They obviously have never really seen a rainbow.

No comments: